Techtalks: Data Science
About Data Science
asked Oct 7, 2022
Windows Server 2008 Tableau Desktop 7.0 Local MySQL database using Xampp
When attempting to connect to a localhost MySQL database server using the native MySQL data connection in Tableau Desktop, I'm getting the following error:
"The connection to the data source might have been lost. Communication with the Tableau Protocol Server process was lost.
Unable to connect to the server "localhost". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database. Unable to connect to the server. Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database."
When using "Other Databases (ODBC)" in Tableau, I am able to connect and return data. However, I would prefer to use the MySQL connection to avoid the limitations of the Other Databases connection.
I created a specific username in phpmyadmin as well as tried using the root username and password and the same error was returned. I created a user DSN in odbcad32.exe and attempted using multiple versions of the MySQL ODBC driver (3.5, 5.2.7, 5.3.4).
Does anyone have any ideas of what might be causing the error? Really appreciate any help.
asked Sep 28, 2022
In Tableau I received the following error message:
The Google BigQuery service was unable to compile the query. Name Field1 is ambiguous inside Custom SQL Query at [62:33]
My BQ Query seems to work fine in BQ, but when copy paste in Tableau the above error shows. In order for me to track the error, I want to understand the error message.
What does [62:33] refer to? My query is only 47 lines of code, so I can't really seem to grasp the meaning of this notation...
answered Oct 17, 2022
With the help of this CCSP online training certification course, develop your knowledge of cloud security architecture, design, applications, and operations. You will get step-by-step instructions and a comprehensive lesson plan that is simple to follow covering every aspect of the CCSP, which will help you further your career in the expanding sector of cloud security.
asked Apr 4, 2022
asked Nov 12, 2021
asked Oct 29, 2021
answered Mar 18, 2022
Data Profiling in ETL
The ETL data source is a collection of detailed data. It seeks to understand the structure, value, and significance of information and its relation to other information. This is done through Extraction, Conversion, and Upload (ETL) and helps companies find the information they need for their purposes.
asked Jun 14, 2021
answered Mar 18, 2022
Relational Database (RDBMS)
- RDBMS is a DBMS that enables the organization of aggregated data.
- Relational DBMS is the most widely used database like Oracle, SQL Server. It is characterized by handling data in tables with basic keys that make it possible to identify the rows in each table separately. And an external key that allows you to associate the table with other tables.
OLAP (Online Analytical Processing)
- OLAP is a collection of software tools that provide information to business decision-makers.
- OLAP usually works on a standardized database to facilitate OLAP, not OLTP. These databases are often referred to as data warehouses.
- You can check the comparison and key differences between OLAP vs OLTP here