Last revision: February 01, 2023
We are AltexSoft Inc., a corporation registered under the laws of State of Nevada, USA. For the purposes of data privacy legislation, we will be a ‘controller’.
About this policy
Your privacy matters to us. That’s why we strive to be transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you, as well as to make sure that all personal information you supply to us is processed in accordance with data privacy laws.
- Where we collect personal information from
- What information we collect
- Why we collect and process your personal information
- How we share information we collect
- How we store information we collect
- How we protect information we collect
- How you can manage your personal information and how you can restrict processing of your personal information
- How you can contact us
We following principles in order to protect your privacy:
- lawfulness, fairness and transparency — we shall process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner only, meaning:
- we process your data pursuant to one of the legal purposes described below (lawful);
- we explain what data we collect and how we process it (transparent);
- purpose limitation — we shall collect and process your personal information only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, and we shall not further process it in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
- data minimization — we collect your personal information only to the extent necessary to achieve determined purposes;
- restricted use — we use your personal information for all other purposes only with your consent or if permitted by a competent authority or applicable laws;
- data accuracy — we always keep your personal information accurate and, where necessary, up to date; also, we take every reasonable step to ensure that your personal information that is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which it is processed, is erased or rectified without delay;
- storage limitation — we do not keep your personal information for longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed;
- integrity and confidentiality — we process your personal information in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal information, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures;
- individual participation — we notify you about the data collected, grant you the access to your collected personal information and respect your right to demand a correction of inaccurate or misleading data.
- do not collect sensitive data or child data;
- never sell your personal information.
Sources we use to collect personal information
We collect personal information from:
- This Website;
- Email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us;
- Public sources, including but not limited to social media;
- Our clients while providing services for them.
We process personal information that our clients give to us to provide our services. In this case, we process the information according to the Data Processing Agreement (aka Addendum) within the scope and for the purposes defined in the Service Agreement.
Types of information we collect
We collect the following information and use it only as described here:
Personal Information. This may include your name, email address, organization, phone number, photo, CV, social media profile, and other information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. Personal information does not include anonymized information that we collect using such services as Google Analytics. Normally, anonymized information allows us to understand your browser type, referring website, time of your visit, approximate location, and some other details. It does not permit us to isolate your individual identity. However, we may match anonymized information with your identifying personal information that you provided to us or we received via public sources and other sources.
Content of Communication with Us. If you contact us via website forms, live chat, email, or any other text messages, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Public Comments on the Services. We may display a customer’s personal testimonials about our services. With your consent, we may post on our Website your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can reach us via the contacts available in the respective section.
Usage Information. This includes information, such as pages viewed, referral source, your IP address, browser type, identifiers associated with your devices, dates of visits, time spent on the Website, and other traffic data about your activity on our Website as well as any device used. This data is considered anonymized and non-identifying.
Location Data. Your devices (depending on the settings) may share location. We may use your location information to connect you with the closest representative or to determine location-specific needs of our clients to improve our services.
Analytics Data. We gather analytics data as you use our Website to assist us in improving our services and products. We employ Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Google Call Tracking, Hotjar, GoSquared, New Relic, and LinkedIn Analytics as our analytics providers. You can learn more about our providers and their privacy policies in a dedicated section below.
Cookies and Other Technologies. A cookie is just a little bit of data, frequently with a singular identifier sent by a website to the browser on your device (computer, tablet, or mobile phone), the cookie resides on your device’s hard drive. If permitted by your browser preferences, any website can deposit a cookie on your browser. To maintain some privacy your browser likely permits a website access only to cookies that the website has sent you, but not cookies you received from other websites. Many websites send cookies whenever a user visits in order to track online traffic flows.
When you view our Website, we may also store certain information on your device in the form of a cookie file. We use online identifiers, including cookie identifiers, internet protocol addresses, device identifiers, client identifiers, email cookies, name cookies, time cookies, and other similar technologies to measure the use of our Website and improve its content, to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction, and to customize your experience and provide greater convenience each time you interact with us.
Please note, that we do not collect sensitive personal data and child data. “Sensitive personal data” for our purposes means information needing special treatment, in some circumstances requiring you to give us your explicit consent. Among those categories may be your identifying numbers, financial account data, race or ethnicity, political views, philosophical, religious, or various comparable beliefs, belonging to a trade union or professional or trade association, physical or mental health, biometric or genetic data, sex life, or criminal record (including material regarding the suspicion of criminal acts) according to the assorted personal data categories recognized by data privacy laws of Europe and elsewhere. The term “child data” means information about a data subject less than 16 years old.
Purposes of and legal grounds for collecting and processing
Service Provision and Testimonials. We use Public Comments on the Services and the personal information we collect to contact you on service provision or on the provision of testimonials on our services. We process the information our clients give us to provide our services under service agreements.
The legal basis of the processing of your personal information for this purpose is your consent to such processing. In addition to this, the performance of the contract between you and us is also the legal basis for the processing of your personal data for this purpose.
Marketing. We use collected personal information, Usage information, Location Data and Analytics Data for various marketing purposes, including:
- To manage, track, enhance, and personalize our marketing efforts,
- To develop and serve advertisements tailored to your interests,
- To improve the content, we publish on the Website,
- To send you personalized newsletters with our articles, white papers, and research materials,
- To use for ourselves in-house (like data analysis, auditing, and research for improvement and development of our services, products, content, advertising, and communications).
Where required by law, we will ask you to explicitly opt in to receive marketing communications from us. If we send you a marketing communication it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these communications in the future.
The legal basis of the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes is your consent to such processing.
Analytics. We collect the Usage information, Location Data and Analytics Data from our Website with third-party tools such as Google Analytics to analyze the Website audience. By estimating our audience size and usage patterns, we are able to customize our Website according to your interests and needs, therefore the legal basis for the processing of such information for analytics purposes is our legitimate interest and your consent to such processing.
Recruiting. We collect personal information that you submit to the Website and use it to process online job applications and others for recruiting-related purposes. The legal basis of the processing of your personal data for recruiting purposes is your consent to such processing.
Sharing of collected information
Sharing of non-identifying information. We may collect, disclose, and share with third parties anonymous and aggregated information that does not identify any individual without restriction. This is needed to do service research, and improve our services. It is also required for use in other commercial purposes.
Sharing of identifying information. We share the information with our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, subcontractors, and consultants to fulfill our commitments for billing and collection purposes. They treat your personal data with the highest security being committed to following our internal security policies. They also agree on the terms of dealing with personal data stated in the Service Agreement, which they sign prior to getting access to any identifying information.
We share the information with certain trusted third parties to help us provide, improve, promote, and protect the services. We might, for example, employ third parties to assist us in the provision of customer support or data storage, or management of our ads on other sites. These third parties may access, process, or store your information to perform tasks only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and we require them to provide a high level of protection for your information. We limit the information provided to these third parties to the extent it is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions.
We employ the services of the following third parties, that may have access to your personal information:
Sharing of information for legal purposes. We share information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process. This includes responding to any government or regulatory request.
Sharing of information for acquisition purposes. If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that deal.
Sharing of identifying information with third parties for their marketing purposes. We will share your personal information with third parties when we have your consent to do so. We do not share personal information about you with third parties for their marketing purposes without your permission.
Storage of collected information
While processing personal data during service provision, we use the Microsoft Azure cloud platform, which provides a high level of data security and is also GDPR-compliant. To learn more, see Microsoft Azure Legal Information.
Information obtained via contact forms and online chats is deleted on an annual basis. Your information will be deleted if you did not communicate with the support team for more than twelve (12) months.
Any Usage Information collected for the purpose of analytics will be deleted in not more than twelve (12) months after being collected, unless otherwise provided for by the applicable laws.
Once the retention period expires, personal information shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to personal data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the storage period.
Protection of collected information
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
For our Website, we use the SSL (HTTPS) data encryption standard.
Your rights. Opt-out
The right to information. We provide you with information about parties that process your personal data, the scope of your personal data we process, the purpose and terms of processing, the place of storage, and the security measures we apply.
The right to access. If you contact us and make a request, we will provide you with a copy of your personal data that we process.
The right to rectification. By contacting us, you may update or correct the personal data we process.
The right to be forgotten. By contacting us, you may ask us to delete your personal data from our database. Otherwise, we delete your personal data after the term of processing is expired or after processing is no longer necessary.
The right to restrict processing. By contacting us, you may restrict us from processing your data in the following cases:
- Your personal data is not accurate, and after you contacted us we made no changes in the agreed terms;
- The processing is unlawful;
- The purpose of processing is fulfilled;
- You restrict it using your right to object.
The right to data portability. By contacting us, you can request a copy of your personal data in a usable electronic format.
The right to object. You may object to specific types of processing, particularly direct marketing. If you do not wish to have your personal information used by AltexSoft to promote our own products or services, you can opt out by sending us an email with such a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you can always unsubscribe using the link that we include in all our emails. You may also send us a reply email and ask to remove you from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information that we exchange when providing our services or other transactions connected with the service agreement.
654 Matsonia Dr,
Foster City, CA 94404
To download the Addendum, please click here.