The Senior Quality Assurance is a senior level position on the QA team whose main responsibilities include testing complex software. This role involves close interaction with the product managers, software developers and other QA teams in remote locations.
• Creates project plans and schedules for testing projects to assure that SpaceIQ products meet functional and technical specifications.
• Reviews functional and technical specifications, provides feedback and analyze them for completion and testability.
• Work in the Agile team reviewing User stories and Epics
• Writes and updates test plans and test cases for complex software based on use cases, functional and technical specifications. Executes test cases, enters bugs in the bug tracking system and manages them through the bug life cycle.
• Investigates new tools or technologies as needed.
• Work with DevOps to define and control the test environment and test data
• Supervises junior QA Engineers, as needed, assigning tasks and monitoring progress
• Computer-related bachelors or master degree or a proven track record of successful professional experience in a related field.
• Working knowledge of SQL language, basic administrative knowledge of databases, application servers, web servers, operating systems.
• Fluency in English (oral and written).
• Demonstrated experience in testing complex software products, multi-tiers web products, databases and web services with minimum supervision. Very good knowledge of the software development process and QA methodologies.
• Ability to translate functional and technical specifications into test plans and to create effective test cases. Experience in white-box testing and API testing is a plus.
• Detail-oriented and self-starter.
• Ability to identify software bugs, create accurate bug description and perform a basic debugging to provide more details to the developers.
• Ability to identify project issues, to assess the risk and clearly communicate the QA impact. Ability to adjust test plans and schedule as needed.
• Critical thinking with a high level of motivation to constantly improve and take on new challenges.
• Ability to communicate effectively with product teams and engineering staff. Ability to build positive relationships across the organization.
• Strong ability to successfully manage concurrent deliverables on time and with quality within a fast-paced environment and under deadlines.
• 5+ years of professional experience with formal software application testing methods.
• Proven track record of creating test strategies and test cases for complex projects, estimating the effort and following the test progress of the QA team from start to finish.
• Working with virtual teams spread across multiple countries.
• Test automation is a plus.