Purpose of the role Responsible for working within development and engineering teams to automate software delivery and infrastructure deployments, enable engineering best practices, and enable more frequent, higher quality code deployments. Works on moderate to complex tasks in support of one or more projects that require a singular area of expertise. Works as a project team member with engineering members, or independently on small projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or another related field. Or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of programming/scripting experience with moderate depth of knowledge.
- Experience working in applications, systems, or IT operations.
- Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker
- Experience with Groovy and Jenkinsfile.
- Knowledge, skills , and abilities (KSAs) :
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code, testing, and deployment
- Overall Linux and Windows knowledge
- General networking knowledge – firewalls, VPNs, proxies & Load balancers
- Knowledge of an agile team environment and process.
- Requires working knowledge of two or more programming languages.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- A self-motivated and independent learner
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
Would be a plus:
- Software development/scripting skills in languages such as Java, Python, Perl, and Ruby
- Automates software delivery and infrastructure deployments across all environments.
- Enables more frequent, and higher quality, code deployments.
- Enables engineering best practices and follows best practices in the DevOps space.
- Supports a healthy DevOps culture within the organization.
- Works effectively within a given development framework (scrum, kanban, SDLC, etc).
- Participates in sprint/project planning and performs estimates as necessary.
- Aligns work to enterprise architectural standards
- Works closely with business, development, and operational teams to support business requirements.
- Integrates vendor solutions into the build and deployment processes.
- Integrates test automation frameworks.
- Integrates performance testing and business continuity frameworks.
- Follows directions for constructing reusable build/deployment frameworks.
- Stays current with DevOps trends, tool sets, and best practices.
- Document requirements, specifications, and solutions as needed.
- Review code written by engineering teams and participates in developing solutions when necessary.
What we offer:
- Possibility to work remotely
- Health care: reimbursement of medical expenses, online morning exercise
- Educational opportunities:
– paid seminars
– free access to the Pluralsight and ACloudGuru knowledge base
– use of the library’s materials which are constantly updated
– a mentor for a probationary period, etc.
- Development opportunities:
– horizontally mastering new technologies in internal courses
– vertically choosing your own career path through Competency trees
- Recognition program: all your activities