As a QA Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for managing Software Quality Assurance team and processes, directing and overseeing the implementation of policies and procedures to support manual and automated testing. This includes leading and growing the Software Quality Assurance teams in test execution for functional, system, and regression using both manual and automated processes. This role involves a programming knowledge to create automated scripts and an understanding of the applications, the creation of test cases based on business use cases.
- Lead, mentor and grow software quality assurance team.
- Oversee end-to-end test plans across numerous product teams running in parallel to deliver high quality consumer products
- Develop, automate and maintain highly effective test cases during each sprint of the Agile life cycle in a continuous integration environment
- Drive best practices in efficient use of simulation, automation, and manual test techniques.
- Track key quality metrics and triage defects.
- Grow the capabilities of the group and champion both transformation and continual improvement in test tools & practices to gain efficiency and relentlessly improve customer experiences.
- Lead defect resolution by speaking with Customer Support and Product Owners, drafting remediation plans and leading QA Engineers in learning from customer feedback.
- Manage project planning, including allocation of resources, assignment, and coordination.
- Communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers.
- Evaluate and recommend QA tools as appropriate to continuously increase quality processes and test coverage
- Work with Developers and DevOps to add the scripts in the CI/CD
- Define and export test results and generate reports
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- 5+ years of professional experience with formal software application testing methods.
- Proven track record of creating test strategies and test cases for complex projects, estimating the effort and following the test progress of the QA team from start to finish.
- Working with virtual teams spread across multiple countries.
- Good working knowledge of Web application cross-browser testing, Mobile app, database and system compatibility
- Knowledge of the principle of Security and Performance testing
- Knowledge of testing best practice for International and Localized products
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies including Test Management and requirements traceability
- Strong working knowledge of Selenium suite of tools or any object-oriented automation tool
- Strong Java development experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Web & API qualification and automation testing using technologies: Selenium, Cypress, Postman.
- Well-versed with Cloud technologies like AWS infrastructure and micro-services, containers integration testing is desirable.
- Experience with CI/CD frameworks and testing in continuous integration.
- A strong understanding of SDLC tools and processes, including source control, release control, change control, and automated build solutions
- Outstanding leadership & communication skills, technical expertise, and systems thinking.
- Strong people management skills, mentoring and coaching QA Engineers at every level
- Strong multitasking, troubleshooting and project management skills
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment.
- Understanding of Automation framework and coding guidelines for efficient script maintenance
Would be a plus:
- Test automation experience.