As a Data Warehouse / BI Competence Lead, your main responsibilities will be building the horizontal expertise, running a team of Data and BI Engineers, leading the client engagements and pre-sales process, defining scope and sizing of work, providing technology consultation, leading POC developments and supporting opportunity identification.
You will become a part of AltexSoft’s consultancy team, whose aim is to assist clients in a digital transformation of their businesses.
- Development and growing of Data Engineering and Business Intelligence expertise in the company;
- Building and leading a team of Data Engineers and BI Engineers, team management;
- Leading the client engagement and pre-sales through technical consulting and designing of software solutions that meet business needs and follow software development best practices and standards;
- Communicating designed solutions directly with customers, stakeholders and ensure that projects follow agreed upon Enterprise Architecture standards;
- Leading Proof of Concept projects;
- Providing technology consultation to clients and internal development teams;
- Participating in salary and performance review.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 7+ years of IT experience with 5+ years of data engineering and business intelligence experience including analysis, architecture, development, application deployment, support, and optimization for enterprise systems and technologies;
- Experience translating business requirements into technical requirements and system architecture;
- Knowledge of wide range EDW and BI solutions, their pros and cons;
- Excellent knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and different methodologies;
- Experience in client engagements and pre-sales process;
- Ability to analyze requirements, define scope of work and estimate efforts and budget for the potential project;
- Excellent relationship-building, communication (written/verbal), presentation and negotiation skills are required;
- Great problem-solving skills;
- Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to get the work done with minimal supervision;
- English level Upper-Intermediate or higher;
- Willing to travel as necessary;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or related.
Would be a plus:
- Product management experience.