How to integrate Amadeus's Flight Create Orders API?
I read their doc and all it says is that Flight Create Orders API creates a PNR on the airline’s reservation system. You’ll receive payment from the customer and then pay the airline.Finally, a ticket is issued once payment is received and the reservation has been logged.
I have contacted with one of consolidator, but the overall flow is still unclear staring after Flight Create Orders API returns successfully. Could anyone elaborate on the process (a step by step break down on what we should do till final booking is made)?
asked Apr 4, 2020
answered Apr 29, 2020
Thank you for your interest.
Being a part of the Amadeus’s Self-Service API suite, Flight Create Orders API finalizes the booking.
First, the Flight Offers Search API completes the search returning airline name and fare.
Then, the Flight Offers Price API sends a request to Amadeus to confirm availability and fares for a selected offer.
Next, the flow proceeds with the booking process:
- the Flight Create Orders API makes a booking request to the airline on behalf of the booking engine.
- the airline Passenger Service System generates a Passenger Name Record (PNR) with passenger information and itinerary details. PNR must be paid within 24 hours to confirm the booking.
- the Flight Create Orders API returns a passenger flight order ID along with the reservation details to the booking engine.
- After receiving the payment from the customer and paying the airline its share, an IATA-accredited agency is able to issue the ticket. But since IATA certification it’s out of budget for many agencies, they leverage airline consolidators to pay the airline and issue tickets on their behalf.
Feel free to let us know if you have any further inquiries.
answered Jun 10, 2020
Thank you for the follow-up question. Let’s figure this out.
1) Flight Create Orders create a booking request, essentially a reference number
First, the filling of the customer details happens simultaneously with the booking request.
2) Then the search engine is responsible for filling in the customer details
After the itinerary has been found and the price confirmed, the search engine collects customer details and sends it together with the chosen itinerary via the Flight Create Orders API making a booking request. In return, it receives a reference number aka PNR which serves as a guarantee of the booking.
Now that you’ve charged your customer and got a PNR, it’s time to pay for the booking.
3) pass the booking request along with customer information to air consolidator, pay them and air consolidator will print the invoice for you.
Usually, consolidators provide an API for you to send a PNR and the needed details to complete the payment. But as each consolidator is different, we advise choosing one among the Amadeus partners and contact them directly to learn the details of their interaction between airlines and ticket distributors.
From our side, we’d be happy to help you with building integrations to connect your booking engine to Amadeus and a consolidator. Our platform of customizable flight search and booking modules with pre-integrated supplier APIs helps our clients reduce integration costs and time to market.
answered Feb 16, 2021
Good evening all
Please how do i create a flight booking, after getting data from flight offers, will i use the array i got from flight offers into "flight-orders"?
I have done all the process of flight search and my challenges now is the process of booking, please help