How to access and integrate Goibibo API?
asked Nov 1, 2018
answered Nov 1, 2023
To access and integrate the Goibibo API, you'll need to follow these general steps:
Register for an API Key:
- Visit the Goibibo developer portal or API section on their website.
- Sign up for a developer account or log in if you already have one.
- Create a new application to obtain an API key or access token. This key will be used to authenticate your requests to the Goibibo API.
Understand the API Documentation:
- Familiarize yourself with Goibibo's API documentation. This documentation will provide information about the available endpoints, request parameters, and response formats. It will help you understand how to use the API effectively.
Choose the Appropriate API Endpoint:
- Determine which specific Goibibo API endpoint you want to integrate. For example, you might be interested in flight booking, hotel reservations, or bus tickets. Choose the endpoint that matches your application's requirements.
- Use the API key or access token you obtained in Step 1 to authenticate your requests. This usually involves including the key or token in the request headers or as part of the URL.
Make API Requests:
Handle API Responses:
- Parse the JSON or XML responses from the API to extract the data you need. Depending on your application, you may want to display flight information, hotel details, or other travel-related data to users.
- Implement error handling to deal with situations where the API returns errors or fails to respond. The API documentation will provide information on common error codes and how to handle them.
- Be aware of any rate limits imposed by Goibibo on API usage. Ensure that your application does not exceed these limits, as it may lead to temporary or permanent suspension of your access.
Testing and Debugging:
- During development, thoroughly test your integration to ensure that it works as expected. Debug and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Monitor Goibibo's developer portal for any updates or changes to the API. Make necessary adjustments to your integration to accommodate these changes.