Vacation rental management company
A vacation rental management company is an organization that runs its own vacation rentals (apartments, villas, or other alternative accommodation types) and/or manages properties on the homeowner’s behalf providing such services as
- promoting the property,
- distributing the property across multiple channels and managing reservations,
- guest check-in and checkout,
- property cleaning and maintenance,
- communication with guests,
- issue resolution,
- revenue management, and others.
While such companies charge a commission for their services, they often help increase revenue due to a number of factors:
- advanced technology use,
- deeper marketing expertise,
- connection to multiple distribution channels,
- better customer service,
- established network of local cleaning and maintenance staff, and so on.
Some of the biggest global vacation rental management companies are Awaze, Interhome, Vacasa, Sykes Holiday Cottages, and Evolve.