As a Solution Architect, you will be focusing on the deep research of the Travel Tech domain to provide best-fit architectural solutions for multiple projects; assist in client engagement, and pre-sales process and defining scope and sizing of work; provide technology consultation; lead Proof of Concept developments and support opportunity identification. You will be focusing on designing solutions for a variety of businesses in the travel tech industry: online travel agencies, aggregators, airlines, transportation companies, independent software vendors, etc.
You will become a part of the Travel Tech Competency Center team, which aim is to develop and implement a software consultancy line of the company’s business to assist clients in a digital transformation of their businesses.
• Stay current on the ever-changing Travel Tech technology industry to ensure developed solutions are following industry “best practices” and will meet the needs of the business going forward.
• Take part in client engagement and pre-sales through technical consulting and designing of software solutions that meet business needs and follow software development best practices and standards.
• Communicate designed solutions directly with customers, stakeholders and ensure that projects follow agreed upon Enterprise Architecture standards.
• Develop and implement architecture standards, processes and tools.
• Promote and build effective working relationships with internal and external business and IT partners, support staff, and vendors.
• Lead the design, development, and implementation cycles on various projects, conduct design, code, QA walkthroughs and reviews.
• Lead Proof of Concept projects.
• Develop an internal knowledge base and sharing process, and cultivate Travel Tech culture in the company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years of IT experience with 5+ years of software development and engineering experience including analysis, design, development, application deployment, support, and optimization for enterprise systems and technologies.
• Desired Knowledge of the Travel Tech domain and experience with projects.
• Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical business colleagues.
• Passion and demonstrated ability for continuous process improvement.
• Ability to incorporate relevant technical concepts/best practices and components into an enterprise environment.
• Experience with Agile methodologies for software development.
• Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to get the work done with minimal supervision.
• Willing to travel as necessary.
• Excellent relationship-building, communication (written/verbal), presentation and negotiation skills are required.
• Senior technical level in .NET stack.
• Expertise with full Software Development Life Cycle including writing Functional and Technical Specifications, Design Documentation, QA processes, source control, maintenance, and deployment procedures.
• Experience with developing tools, frameworks, and processes intended to maximize software quality and minimize time-to-delivery.
• Experience with MBaaS and SaaS solutions.
• Ability to mentor and guide developers on software architecture.
• Knowledge of architecture design patterns.
• Good understanding of SOA and experience building RESTful Web Services.