As a Tech Lead, you’ll work on everything from customer-facing web and highly-available RESTful services to Back End based systems. You’ll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Python, NodeJS, REST, JSON, GraphQL, XML, HTML/HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, Relational databases (PostgreSQL).
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in software development;
- 3+ years of experience with Python;
- 3+ years of experience with SQL in RDBMS (Postgres SQL is preferred);
- Solid understanding of database schema design using SQL and NoSQL databases;
- Solid experience in taking features, applications and solutions from inception to delivery;
- Comfortable working in a Linux (Ubuntu) environment;
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies;
- Good knowledge in English, both spoken and written (Upper-intermediate level or higher);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Focus on quality;
- Proactive and highly collaborative.
Would be a plus:
- 1+ years of experience with Node JS/TypeScript;
- 1+ years of experience with CI/CD, test & deployment automation (Jenkins, GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes);
- Commercial or academic experience with some of the following: Golang, GraphQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, – Mongo DB, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark Streaming (Scala);
- Experience recruiting and building a team;
- Ability to motivate software development teams.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and to deliver solutions for customer needs;
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies;
- Promote and ensure the security, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions;
- Continuously improve software engineering practices;
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the team;
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.