As an Android Developer, you’ll work on either customer-facing or business-facing Android applications. You’ll have an opportunity to use emerging and traditional technologies such as: Android SDK, Firebase tools, Java, RxJava, Kotlin, Retrofit, Protobuf, Glide, Lottie, REST, GraphQL.
Required skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience in software development;
- 2+ years of experience developing native Android applications for commercial use;
- Two or more commercial applications on the Google Play platform;
- Good understanding of App Architecture and Android Architecture Components e.g. ViewModel, LiveData, Data Binding, Room etc.;
- Good understanding of SOLID principles of object-oriented programming;
- Excellent knowledge of Android SDK, Java, Kotlin, OOP, RxJava, Multithreading;
- Experience in writing tests with JUnit, Robolectric and Espresso;
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies;
- Good knowledge in English, both spoken and written (Upper-intermediate level or higher);
- High self-motivation and a desire for self-improvement and self-realization;
- Focus on quality;
- Proactive and highly collaborative.
Would be a plus:
- Automation experience using Groovy and Gradle;
- Experience in taking features, applications and solutions from inception to delivery;
- Understanding and experience in creating custom interface elements.
- Deliver solutions for customer needs;
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and support technical solutions across a range of development tools and technologies;
- Play an active part in the automation of development processes;
- Offer the most effective solutions (in terms of time, resources, quality);
- Seek and implement innovative solutions to increase the speed and maintain the quality of developed applications;
- Ensure the security, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions.